Training and Education
The Georgia Clerks Education Institute Certificate Program is designed to establish minimum standards and professional goals for city and county clerks. The Georgia Clerks Education Institute Certificate Program is jointly sponsored by the Georgia County Clerks Association (GCCA) and the Georgia Municipal Clerks and Finance Officers Association (GMC/FOA).
State law (O.C.G.A. sections 36-1-24 and 36-45-20) requires anyone hired as of April 1, 1992, holding the title of "clerk" or performing the duties of a municipal/county clerk pursuant to the local charter, ordinance, or code to attend a 15-hour mandated orientation training. The training consists of a basic overview of job duties and functions required of clerks. The 15-hour mandated training counts toward the 101 hours required for full certification. Mandated training is offered at the fall and spring Georgia Clerks Education Institute conferences.
- Clerks' Certification Guidelines
- Continuing Education Guidelines
- Course Schedule 2018 and Class Descriptions
- Course Schedule 2019
- Instructions for Accessing Training Records
- Masters Education Management Development Program Guidelines
- Training Events Calendar 2018-19
- Worksheet for tracking courses (for clerks who took mandated training February 2015 or earlier)
- Worksheet for tracking courses (for clerks who took mandated training after February 2015)